Southern California Franchise Lawyer with 30+ Years Experience
David Scott Levaton is the lead attorney at Franchise Legal Support, located in Los Angeles, California. As a dedicated representative of franchisees for 30+ years, his mix of franchised business operations and legal experience is extensive. This breadth of experience allows for a more focused and engaged review and counsel to his clients throughout the nation.
Mr. Levaton obtained his undergraduate business degree from the University of Southern California (USC), and his JD Law Degree from Southwestern University. He also holds a postgraduate Law Degree from Pepperdine University’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution. He has additionally done course work through Harvard University's Program on Negotiation.
- Owned, operated and managed multi-unit franchises (divested 2001).
- Held Executive Management roles in several Franchisee Associations as General Counsel, Board Member, and Executive Committee Member for both California and International associations.
- Currently owns several multi-tenant real estate commercial centers and has negotiated hundreds of leases for clients and tenants.
- Has advised and represented franchisees in all aspects of their operations, including franchise acquisition and expansion, franchisor system expansion, business management and structure, real estate acquisitions and leasing, terminations, sales, and franchisee/franchisor system development.
- Represents clients nationwide in all types of industries including automotive, food service, health and fitness, shipping and packaging, transport service, and other business format and product distribution based franchises.
- Served as general counsel to several international franchisee associations, assisting them in strategic goal setting, distribution and supply chain issues, as well as negotiations with franchisor on varying issues championed by the associations to protect and enhance their franchise members.
- Serves as franchisee liaison to franchisors, assisting in engagement, planning, and franchisor/franchisee relationship and communication interaction.