David Scott Levaton, Esq.
Southern California Franchise Lawyer with 30+ Years Experience
David Scott Levaton is the lead attorney at Franchise Legal Support, located
in Los Angeles, California. As a
dedicated representative of franchisees for 30+ years, his mix of franchised business operations and legal experience is extensive.
This breadth of experience allows for a more focused and engaged review
and counsel to his clients throughout the nation.
Mr. Levaton obtained his undergraduate business degree from the University
of Southern California (USC), and his JD Law Degree from Southwestern
University. He also holds a postgraduate Law Degree from Pepperdine University’s
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution. He has additionally done course
work through Harvard University's Program on Negotiation
- Owned, operated and managed multi-unit franchises (divested 2001).
- Held Executive Management roles in several Franchisee Associations as General
Counsel, Board Member, and Executive Committee Member for both California
and International associations.
- Currently owns several multi-tenant real estate commercial centers and
has negotiated hundreds of leases for clients and tenants.
- Has advised and represented franchisees in all aspects of their operations,
including franchise acquisition and expansion, franchisor system expansion,
business management and structure, real estate acquisitions and leasing,
terminations, sales, and franchisee/franchisor system development.
- Represents clients nationwide in all types of industries including automotive,
food service, health and fitness, shipping and packaging, transport service,
and other business format and product distribution based franchises.
- Served as general counsel to several international franchisee associations,
assisting them in strategic goal setting, distribution and supply chain
issues, as well as negotiations with franchisor on varying issues championed
by the associations to protect and enhance their franchise members.
- Serves as franchisee liaison to franchisors, assisting in engagement, planning,
and franchisor/franchisee relationship and communication interaction.